Mirage Faux Wooden Blinds
Venetian blinds have horizontal slats made from either wood or metal and are held together by cords that run through the blind slats. They can be tilted easily to let in more or less light, and they're easy to raise and lower.
Moisture-resistant blinds can withstand minor water and moisture exposure.
All blinds bearing this symbol are intended to be cleaned with a damp cloth and are resistant to a small amount of dirt.
This type of blind reduces the amount of light that enters the room, resulting in partial darkness.
Slats are the horizontal pieces that you tilt, raise, and lower when operating your blinds. These slats are between 35-38mm, 3.5 - 3.8cm, 1.375" wide.
Slats are the horizontal pieces that you tilt, raise, and lower when operating your blinds. These slats are 50mm, 5cm, 2" wide.
Homeowners with medium to large windows often prefer the 50mm slats for their blinds, since the larger slat size appears to be more proportional to the size of the window and let more light into the room. If you have smaller windows you may wish to choose the narrower slats creating a subtle look in the room.
About your Sunwood Faux Blinds?
Sunwood is a range of high-quality PVC made to measure wood blinds that imitate a sophisticated wood grain or a modern smooth finish, making them ideal for high-moisture rooms like bathrooms and kitchens. Fauxwood blinds are colour coordinated throughout;
- Colour-coordinated PVC for the headrail, bottom bar buttons, and cord condenser.
- The cord and ladder braid are colour-matched to the slats.
- The raise and lower controls are on the right, and the tilt control is on the left. It's not possible to have the controls on the same side of the blind.
- Tapes with a herringbone weave are the most common. Each taped faux wood blind has a recommended tape option that matches the colour of the slats. Customers have the choice to select a different tape colour.
- The blind's valance will be 12mm longer than the headrail.
- As a standard, tassel pulls will be made of colour-matched wood. Metal pulls come in three styles: Bullet, Bell, and Cylinder. All three raise and lift tassels will be the same size if metal pulls are chosen.
Can you fit faux wood blinds in bay windows?
Faux wood blinds are ideal for bay windows because they are both stylish and functional, providing complete privacy while also allowing you to control the amount of light entering the room. When measuring blinds in a bay window, take into account the depth of the blind's headrail as well as anything that protrudes from the window, such as large window handles or air vents.
- 35mm Fauxwood Blinds have a headrail dimension of 42mm height x 42mm depth
- 50mm Fauxwood Blinds have a headrail dimension of 42mm height x 59mm depth
How do you install Faux Wood Blinds?
All faux wood blinds come standard with two box brackets. These brackets can be attached in a variety of ways;
- TOP FIX - A bracket is screwed into the window recess's top.
- END FIX - A bracket is screwed to the side of the window recess.
- FACE FIX - A bracket is screwed to the front of the window frame.
Wood Blinds with three or more ladders will have a support bracket in the centre.
Are faux wood blinds suitable for doors?
Hold down brackets are used to secure the bottom of a wooden blind to a window or door, preventing it from swinging back and forth. On either end of the bottom bar, there is a small hole. The hold down bracket is screwed to the door, then the bracket tips are inserted into the holes on the bottom bar.
Do faux wood blinds warp?
When faux blinds are exposed to high levels of direct sunlight, warping may occur due to PVC's low thermal distortion temperature and darker colours' higher heat absorption. We recommend using lighter shades from the Sunwood faux wood blinds collection.
Are faux wood blinds effective at blocking light?
Faux wood venetian blinds do not provide complete room darkness. However, depending on the width of the slats, they will block 90-95% of the light.
Are faux blinds child safe?
It is a legal requirement for all blinds to be child safe. The cord condenser is intended to combine the pull cords into a single string as well as to break away, preventing any loops from forming. The safety cleat is used to wrap the cord around to keep it out of the reach of children.
Ordering blinds online
We reserve the right to change the product specifications at any time without prior notice. All orders are subject to our standard conditions of sale.
|Hover over key feature 1||Venetian Blinds|
|Key Feature 1||icon-venetrian-blinds|
|Hover over key feature 2||Moisture Safe|
|Key Feature 2||icon_moisture_safe|
|Hover over key feature 3||Wipe Clean|
|Key Feature 3||icon_wipe_clean|
|Hover over opacity rating||Dimout|
|Shop By Room||Kitchen Blinds, Bedroom Blinds, Bathroom Blinds, Living Room Blinds, Dining Room Blinds|
|Shop By Blind Type||Faux Wood Blinds|
|Shop By Colour||Natural/Beige, White|
|Shop By Feature||Dim Out, Moisture Safe, Electric Motorised|